- CoworkBuffalo Is Literally 100% Bigger
- Meetings and After-Hours Events
- Announcements, upgrades, to-do list
- What else should we do with our new space?
I know, I know. It was Oct. 31, you were drinking warm cider, handing out candy (or unused emergency canned goods), and enjoying the 142 photos of your Facebook friends’ kids. And then it crept up on you, like that kid on Facebook dressed like Spider-Man: “Wait—where was the CoworkBuffalo newsletter this month?”
Suffice to say, a holiday, a storm, and a big upgrade at CoworkBuffalo (read on!) delayed our important dissemination of news related to Suite 10. But we’re glad we have so much good news to share. Onward!
CoworkBuffalo Is Literally 100% Bigger
Some days it’s quiet at CoworkBuffalo, and some days we need more chairs. Such is the nature of coworking. But the founders, and a good number of customers and prospective members, have asked about having more space, more casual space, standing desks, and a different room for after-hours events. So we decided to do something about that.
We acquired Suite 9, formerly the offices of Monster Assembly, in mid-October. We’re working on filling it with more relaxation-oriented seating (known in Latin as a “Usedus Couchus”), a good spot for eating lunch, and some standing desks. Anyone can step over into Suite 9 for Skype calls or other needs right now, but it should be much better very soon.
Meetings and After-Hours Events
CoworkBuffalo is a great place to host meetups and small events. We’re now the home for bfloFRED (Buffalo Front-End Developers Meetup), OpenHack nights, Buffalo Learning to Code, and quite a few team meetings, weekend projects, and, well, Apple product announcements (we’re not made of stone).
Want to host a meetup, meeting, workshop, or other event at CoworkBuffalo? Mail us at email@example.com. We’re usually free for community-minded events, and surprisingly cheap for everything else.
Announcements, Upgrades, To-Do List
- New additions to the space, since last we emailed: Another plant (Dave), a dish rack, slightly new spacing in the main coworking room, a coat rack, and a few other niceties.
- Friday afternoons are now CoBeer Buffalo. Bring in a few of your favorite craft beers or interesting picks, and be prepared to trade them, from 4-6 p.m.
- Alex Levine is sitting next to me as I write this. He would like it if you checked out (and rated!) CoworkBuffalo on Yelp.
- To-do list: acquire a couch; add an actual phone to the phone booth; host a class about making great coffee at home (and at Cowork!); introduce more of our members and their skills to each other.
What Else Should We Do With Our Space?
You all are the reason we’re here, and your support means a lot to us. We want to make this space great for people: great for getting things done, great for the community.
See you this month,
~ The CoworkBuffalo Instigators