- Quick! Our short-notice meetup (and future meetups)
- Announcements, upgrades, and our to-do list
- What can we do better?
Greetings and salutations from the semi-secret offices above Spot Coffee! Seriously, though, you didn’t know you could get up here until you visited, did you? You also might not have known that if you upgrade to a monthly membership, you can get a key to come up here nearly any time of day you want. Just sayin’.
Our third (last-minute) meetup is freaking tomorrow!
Sorry for the late notice, but you are invited to join us for free beer, soda, and snacks at the space this Thursday from 5-7pm. Immediately following is Third Thursday at Rohall’s Corner, organized by CoworkBuffalo friend Chris Van Patten. RSVP if you can join us, and feel free to bring a friend:
- When: 5-7pm, Thursday, Sept. 20
- Where: 225 Delaware Ave., Buffalo, NY
- What: We close our laptops and socialize, like humans do We invite you all to have a drink on us and meet your fellow coworkers.
- RSVP: Whatever works best for you: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick “I’ll be there,” tweet at@coworkbuffalo, or use a laser etching machine to burn a smiley face onto an aluminum dog tag and slide it through our mail slot.
Announcements, upgrades, and our to-do list
The running joke at CoworkBuffalo (at least, running in one writer’s head) is that CoworkBuffalo is like a 22-year-old kid just out of college, outfitting their first adult apartment. Along those lines, we’ve made a bunch of small but hopefully nice improvements to the space of late, but also one big jump. Read on:
- Switching to Time Warner “Business Class” internet: Verizon Business DSL? It was getting the job done, especially at first. But now that we have more members more often, and those members are getting used to getting more intense work done here, we’re feeling the need—the need for 80’s action movie references. And speed! So we moved up to 10 mbps downloads and a reliable 1 mbps upstream, with a promised < 40 ms relay time. The installer comes Thursday afternoon.
- We’re getting an actual phone in the phone booth: As part of the TWCBC installation (and their somewhat insane bundled pricing), we’ll have a VoIP phone connection available. That means we’re going to install an actual phone in the phone booth, likely with the help of the smart and cool Buffalo Lab folks.
- Thermos, dish rack, bigger loose-leaf tea pot, towel holder, coaster: Mom would be so proud. But most of all, now you can enjoy rather hot coffee throughout the day, without having to time it to one of the founders’ coffee-making whims. Thanks to Chris Van Patten for the tea pot, Engine Yard for the coasters, and IKEA for everything else.
- Schedule a meeting in our adjoining office: We are in the slow process of taking over one of our co-founder’s office spaces, in the adjoining Suite 9 area. In the meantime, we’d like to invite you to consider requesting that space available for meetings with clients or coworkers. Simply send an email to email@example.com, or ask one of us in-person, and we’ll check to see if you can’t borrow the table, whiteboard, and closed door for a bit.
- Couch. Couch.
- Better monthly member auto-pay: The Stripe/Desktime system we’ve been testing has been making notable strides of late, and we’re hoping to have it implemented into our own payment/attendance system soon. That mean seeing who’s at the space now, paying for monthly memberships from wherever you are, and not needing to track your own 10-packs. Neat.
- Stickers: Stickers!
We want to hear from folks who have been to or toured CoworkBuffalo what we can do to make it better. Ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, considerations, and items for our to-do, to-buy, and to-brew list.
~ The CoworkBuffalo Instigators